Strips for teeth whitening is one of the most effective means to lighten your teeth, without recourse to the dentist. All of the details we learn about them from the article find out what are the strips and how they operate, all suited. And get acquainted with the basic goods available on the market today.
What it is
The strips look like thin flexible plates coated with a therapeutic composition of the gel-like consistency. Using whitening strips can easily be made at home and to obtain visible and lasting effect.
The procedure of whitening strips allows you to lighten teeth 1 to 4 colours. They can be used by people with natural grayish or yellowish enamel, with a dark color of tooth enamel from the consumption of coffee, tea and Smoking. Bleaching agents help to cope with the problem of pigment spots on the enamel that remained after the removal of orthodontic braces or taking certain drugs.
How to apply
In strips for bleaching using special gels that contain hydrogen peroxide, urea. After removing the protective sticker strips gel aktiviziruyutsya: peroxide produces oxygen ions in the active form with strong oxidizing properties. Ions penetrate into the deeper layers of tooth tissue, destroying organic pigments to carbon dioxide and water. The result is tooth enamel lightened.
These gels are used in dental offices, however, in higher concentrations, and their activation is performed using light or laser radiation.
How to use
- The whitening procedure is carried out once or twice a day, complying with equal time intervals between 12 and 24 hours, respectively.
- Re-apply the strips cannot be, because each is designed for one-time use.
- Before the procedure, you need to determine which line of the row of teeth. To the entire surface of the teeth was covered as much as possible, strips for the top row make longer than for the lower teeth.
- One procedure can last from 5 minutes to half an hour (the duration depends on the type of stripes). The exact time of the impact strips on the enamel specified in the instructions for use, should not be exceeded.
- During the procedure, of course, can not eat or drink, smoke. You can talk – but uncomfortable. After removal of the strips should brush your teeth toothpaste and a good rinse the mouth.
- The rate of bleaching is usually from two to four weeks. At this time, it is recommended to refrain from the consumption of colored beverages and foods (tomato juice, strong tea and coffee, red wine, beets, etc.).
The use of strips for whitening has many advantages. Primary:
- The possibility of bleaching of the house;
- Quick results (in comparison with other bleaching agents) – after a few days your teeth will begin to take on a lighter tone;
- The possibility of pronounced lightening up to 4 tones;
- Ease of use – during the procedure to maintain your routine, the whole process takes no more than half an hour;
- No aggressive destructive action on the enamel;
- The stability of the result – there are noticeable from six months to a year;
- A painless and safe procedure.
With all the above advantages, the whitening strips has a negative side:
- >A few days observed hypersensitivity of the teeth;
- It is not always possible to firmly fix the strip on the tooth surface, which can lead to peeling and ultimately to uneven lighting of the enamel;
- If there are serious problems and dental disease whitening strips not allowed;
- There is a risk of Allergy development;
- Different types of pigmentation differently susceptible to bleaching (e.g., darkening of the enamel, caused by fluorosis, can be bleached by only one tone).
- Pregnant and lactating women;
- The age of 18;
- Gum disease and periodontal disease, extensive lesions of the enamel;
- A large number of fillings, crowns and fixed dentures – they are not bleached;
- Allergic to any of the substances included in the composition of the strips;
- Severe systemic diseases – epilepsy, asthma, a high degree of arterial hypertension and others.