In modern society, white teeth are a sign of grooming and oral health.
As a result, there is an increase in people's interest to the different procedures enamel brightening a few shades.
One of the professional options of returning the dentition of the lost underwear is laser whitening.
What is a
Whitening is a effects on tooth enamel, pre-coated with a special gel with peroxide content of carbonate, a laser beam.
Due to this, there is an allocation of ions of oxygen or hydrogen. Penetrating through the enamel, they react with protein compounds, which are inside the dental tissue.
Under the action of laser brighten the pigments in dentine, by which man acquires a white smile.
Depending on the initial condition of the enamel may be enough for one treatment or after a certain period of time, it must be repeated.
The advantages of laser whitening are the following points:
- strengthening the enamel;
- lightening teeth a few shades with the conservation of their structure and without the risk of drying out;
- protecting molars from damage due to the bactericidal effects of laser;
- the possibility of selecting the type and concentration gel for bleaching component based on the inspection of the enamel;
- the absence of tooth sensitivity after bleaching;
- minimal impact on the gum tissue;
- the duration of the retain the acquired effect;
- the lack of feeling pain during the procedure.
The procedure of laser illumination has very few drawbacks. These include the following factors:
- the high cost of the session.
- the need to repeat the procedure in case of strong pigmentation of the enamel;
- long preparation, which consists in resolving problems of the oral cavity such as carious damage, the presence of dental calculus, inflammation of the periodontal tissues.
Indications and contraindications
Key indications for the treatment with laser light is natural and the other color of the surface of the dentin.
The natural darkening of the enamel forms as a consequence of age-related changes in the body, eating foods with colorants, non-Smoking.
The particular change in color occurs as a result of taking certain antibiotics. With this color it is very difficult to cope: home bleaching will not bring results. You may need a few treatments the laser treatment.
The dentist can refuse to carry out bleaching in the following cases:
- when patient age less than 16 years due to the lack of formation of the bite and hardness of enamel;
- in the case of pregnancy and lactation;
- when the sensitivity of the enamel;
- in the case of not a good process at the tooth surface;
- people with damage to the enamel;
- when personal intolerance to components of the gel used in the lighting;
- while wearing orthodontic appliances, and some time after withdrawing them;
- in the presence of diabetes and diseases of the endocrine system.
Laser teeth whitening conducted in dental clinics, can be done in two different ways:
Using a diode laser. This procedure is called photochemical bleaching.
Color pigments of a dentin are destroyed as a result of thermal reaction. The duration of the preservation of the results obtained up to two years.
Using the KTP – laser that produces a green color. On photo dynamic bleaching effect is achieved due to the impact of the gel based on hydrogen peroxide.
Demineralization of teeth takes place. Linen is stored for up to 5 years.
Detailed description of the process
Surgery laser whitening carried out in several stages:
The preparatory measures. Dentist examines the oral cavity of the patient for the presence of any abnormalities, which may be a contraindication to the use of the session.
If necessary, performed additional procedures associated with bleaching: removal of plaque and Tartar, treatment of caries, strengthening the enamel and fluoride treatment.
- The whitening procedure. Laser light consists of multiple serial events, which are discussed below.
Completion of the procedure. After the time required for removal of color pigments, the removal of the gel from the teeth and rinse the mouth.
In some cases, the enamel is covered with a fluorine-containing gel. The dentist evaluates the results and gives recommendations for further health care together with the patient decide on the need of re-bleaching.
Stages of laser whitening:
- Patient wear glasses and there are special holders for the lips.
- The gums and the enamel dried with gauze swabs from excess moisture.
- Superimposed cofferdam, which aims to isolate the elements of the dentition with the lighting.
- On the prepared teeth is applied oxygenated gel.
- Each tooth is sequentially processed by a laser beam for 30 seconds. At this time, the effect of active components of a gel pigments of the dentin.
- After processing the whole jaw, the gel remains on the enamel for 10-15 minutes. At this time, the process of splitting molecules of the pigment lasts.
How safe is it
The safety of the bleaching procedure is ensured by the property of laser beams to penetrate deeper into dental tissue is directed. The heating of the enamel and change its structure during this procedure.
The intensity of the lighting device is configured by the dentist individually in each case, in accordance with the oral health of the patient.
It should also be remembered that the bleaching strength of the installed seals is reduced, so over time you may need to install a new one.
White smile the whitening result is acquired due to the oxidation and breakdown of color pigments that are found in the tissues of the tooth. Single exposure of the laser beam is able to illuminate them by 5-10 shades.
However, it is understood that the result obtained depends on the initial state of the enamel. In some cases, you may need a second procedure done in a couple of weeks after the first session.
Duration acquired as a result of the bleaching effect depends on the individual characteristics of the dentition of man. The average is 3-5 years. An important role in maintaining the whiteness of your teeth plays how properly the person caring for them.
Care after conducting
To teeth kept purchased the white color for a long time, it is important to keep the following rules in the process of daily care for them:
- to implement procedures of oral hygiene using toothpaste, brush, floss;
- do not use abrasive dentifrices in the cleaning process;
- to use the mouthwash after each meal;
- go to use a brush with medium or low stiffness of the fibers;
- within a week after the procedure lighting should give up eating foods with coloring components: juice, wine, coffee, carrots;
- to stop Smoking;
- to carry out the timely rehabilitation of the oral cavity and undergo a professional teeth cleaning at the dental center.
Comparison with alternative methods
In addition to bleaching with a laser, there are alternative methods of lighting the dentition:
- Change the color of the enamel with Zoom no less effective, but takes much more time: about 2 hours compared to 30 minutes when using the laser. In addition, this technique is carried out over 2-3 sessions.
- Photo-bleaching requires the use of special bulbs: halogen, led or UV. This increases the risk of accidental burns or pulp drying enamel. The duration of this procedure ranges from one to one and a half hours.
- Lighting technology of "Amazing White" is due to the use of LED lamps and hydrogen peroxide. The procedure is highly efficient, but has contraindications, and in some cases can lead to demineralization of the enamel.